We all cling desperately to warmer weather and scattered sunshine, but once those notions are gone for good with the encroaching winter months, it’s beneficial to have sanctuary spots in Helsinki where you can grasp onto your remaining sanity.
Fun Bowling and Bar is one of those spots, and here’s why…
1. The lanes are awesomely fresh
2. The music doesn’t suck — it’s Rock n’ Roll all the way
3. You might get a very unexpected hug from a confused, elderly man
4. The people / regulars are really phenomenal too
5. There’s a bar, the backdrop for any good bowling alley banter
6. On cold, sunless days there’s nothing better than throwing heavy balls and drinking fun liquids in a cave-like setting = almost a winter rage-room?
7. Did I mention there’s a bar? It’s in the name after all
8. The staff make you feel at home by NOT reminiscing on the times you’ve had TOO much fun while drinking cave liquids
9. You just may get a turkey when it’s not even Thanksgiving, aka. 3 strikes in a row
10. Leave your attitude at the door, this is not a place for pretentiousness
11. Kids rock this joint and will put your bowling confidence to shame
12. If you’re missing home no matter where you’re from, the bowling alley is the perfect sanctuary spot