70 years ago Finland was still something of an agrarian backwater. Fast forward to today and Finns live in one of the most futuristic societies on earth. They might not be teleporting to their summer cottages yet or clearing snow with robot servants, but here’s are 7 wonderful ways that Finns are already enjoying life in the future every single day.
Right now, one of the oddest computer games ever is hitting the charts straight from the early access program of Steam, the venerable online market place for PC games.
We’re of course referring to My Summer Car, which has sold over 1.5 million euros worth of copies to this date. And the weirdfest part isn’t that the game is sold as a work in progress for fifteen Euros. It’s pretty odd even in the company of other Finnish video games.
An Ink Tank Media Publication
Ink Tank Media is Finland's finest international content marketing agency. Based in Helsinki, its award-winning writers, filmmakers, illustrators and artists have years of experience creating amazing digital stories for audiences across the globe.
- British Intervention: Soundtrack your winter with these 11 British albums
- 100 Reasons Why Finland is the Most Kick-Ass Country in the World
- Functional, punctual and awesome: my first 12 months in Finland
- 5 winter activities that won’t make you cringe – Finnish edition
- Getting Naked with a Dragon in Finland: my scorching sauna experience
- See why the internet is going crazy for this video of Black Friday chaos in Finland
- A Next Generation Finn: Hannu Huhtamo’s hand at light painting photography