If there’s one Finnish festival everyone should check out it’s Helsinki’s Flow Festival (August 14-16 2015). Since it first kicked off in 2004, Flow has established itself as Finland’s premier event for eclectic music styles, usually booking many of the most fascinating alternative, indie, electronic, rap, hip hop and R’n’B acts from around the world. This year’s lineup headlines acts du jour such as Alt-J, The War on Drugs, Future Island, MajorLazer while the art-pop elite is represented by Beck and Pet Shop Boys. Easy to get to, with awesome food and ambiance, this artful orgy of hipness has everything the enthusiastic festival-goer needs. So, with all this awesomeness on offer how do you make sure your Flow Festival 2015 rocks? Here are our top 10 tips.
I’ve lived in Finland for nearly 5 years after moving here from the United States. I’ve been asked many questions by curious Finns over the past few years, usually starting with “Why did you come here?” (to go to university) quickly followed by “But why did you stay here?” (because I love it here). After a couple of drinks, the conversation often turns to American stereotypes, in particular the American stereotypes and tropes that are portrayed in movies and television. A good part of the entertainment that the world consumes comes from Hollywood, so most Finns have seen the same tropes over and over and are left wondering whether it’s a case of Hollywood invention or Hollywood reflecting real life in the United States.
When it comes to American stereotypes, there are plenty to take your pick from. Let’s take a look at 5 of the most common questions that I’ve been asked about life in the United States, based on what movies and TV are telling the world.
An Ink Tank Media Publication
Ink Tank Media is Finland's finest international content marketing agency. Based in Helsinki, its award-winning writers, filmmakers, illustrators and artists have years of experience creating amazing digital stories for audiences across the globe.
Marketing promise fail. https://t.co/05l8fY82mA
- Monday Sep 18 - 7:13pm
How to beat the system. https://t.co/rhBOgMbzBo
- Saturday Aug 26 - 1:10pm
- 11 wonderful ways the internet lampooned Theresa May’s latest speech about Brexit
- Ruska relief: 35 stunning photos of Finland’s autumn colors
- 4 reasons why Finland’s lagging behind in electric car adoption and why that’s all set to change
- The foreigner’s guide to surviving your first Finnish sauna
- Daily Fail: 22 vicious anti-Brexit memes to pave your road to isolationism
- Earbud Weltschmerz: 13 excellent podcasts to help you understand our troubled times
- The internet loved Finnish President Niinistö’s press conference with Trump. Here’s why.