Sometimes it feels as if selfies have been around forever. Yet, according to the Oxford English Dictionary, the first time the concept was mentioned was in 2002 on the Australian ABC online forum. However, it wasn’t until 2012 that it became popularly understood. A mere twelve months later and the Oxford English Dictionary voted “selfie” its Word of the Year. (“Twerk” and “Binge-Watching” filled the other top spots).
An Ink Tank Media Publication
Ink Tank Media is Finland's finest international content marketing agency. Based in Helsinki, its award-winning writers, filmmakers, illustrators and artists have years of experience creating amazing digital stories for audiences across the globe.
- A Next Generation Finn: Hannu Huhtamo’s hand at light painting photography
- Poor Dumb Donnie: how the internet destroyed Donald Trump Junior’s twitter post about socialism
- Episode 9: When you can’t figure out which dairy product is milk
- Proof in Pics: the history of 5 notorious California serial killers in photography and video
- These 5 definitions of Brexit went viral. It’s easy to see why.
- Episode 8: Driving for 14 hours and only seeing forest
- The 5 most fascinating facts from Crowst’s Finnish sausage survey