The Finnish people. We’re a sauna bathing, ice hole swimming, metal music loving and often very gloomy group. Is there more to the mentality of a Finn? Really dissecting the customs and habits of the Finnish people, we discovered some interesting building stones to their mentality, ones you won’t read about in Monocle.
Author Archive for: naomim
About Naomi Matthes
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud Naomi Matthes contributed a whooping 3 entries.
Entries by Naomi Matthes
Finns are world-renowned for their fondness for drink. The Finnish people also have a very distinctive way of getting hammered, which often involves copious amounts of alcohol drunk very quickly. Consequently, learning to drink like a Finn can be a challenging venture (which is helped by a liver with supernatural healing powers). Apparently, being able […]
All around the world, our forefathers in charge of naming places have on occasion let their morbid sense of humour flourish (or alternatively the job just really gets to you after a while, go figure). Finland, of course, is no exception. Hell and murder appear to have been especially attractive and marketable concepts in ye […]
An Ink Tank Media Publication
Ink Tank Media is Finland's finest international content marketing agency. Based in Helsinki, its award-winning writers, filmmakers, illustrators and artists have years of experience creating amazing digital stories for audiences across the globe.
- 9 of the world’s greatest thinkers on the stupidity of nationalism
- Pet peeves: 10 things Finns love to hate
- 15 fantastically fun protest signs from the Unite for Europe march
- 6 signs you were born and raised in Finland
- Tiny Trumps: The new meme that’s taking Trump from big shot to tiny tot
- 12 tell-tale signs you learned to drink in Finland
- An open letter to Stephen King – We need to talk about Perse