Sauna is one of Finland’s most treasured traditions. For centuries, Finns used the sterile environment of the sauna for personal hygiene, births, cooking, and of course, relaxation. Considered a luxury in many other countries, saunas are a necessity in Finland. Even the Finnish soldiers of World War II constructed their own makeshift saunas out in […]
Author Archive for: Julie
About Julie Anderson
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud Julie Anderson contributed a whooping 15 entries.
Entries by Julie Anderson
History is filled with women who have fought hard for equal rights, shattered social norms, and achieved amazing things for humankind. Take a look at these photos of a few of history’s bravest women who did all of these things and more. The world is a better place thanks to them.
Very few young actors in Hollywood history have been able to reach the legendary status of James Dean. The rebellious actor only starred in three films during his short career, but the impression he made on brooding teenage audiences was unmatched. His sensitive bad boy image has captivated both men and women for decades. In […]
Everybody has a David Bowie tune they love and we’re no different. Somehow Bowie was one of those musicians you expected to live forever. Maybe it was his music or maybe his magic. One thing that’s in no doubt though was that he was an extraordinary artist in every sense of the word. As a celebration […]
What do we really know about Albert Einstein? Hair that would stump Vidal Sassoon, a lab coat that’s seen better days, a very complicated set of theories that, oh, revolutionised the way we think about time and space and just about everything – sure. But there’s more to a genius than grooming and publications. Here’s […]
An Ink Tank Media Publication
Ink Tank Media is Finland's finest international content marketing agency. Based in Helsinki, its award-winning writers, filmmakers, illustrators and artists have years of experience creating amazing digital stories for audiences across the globe.
- The impossible contrast: Young photographer drops summer-like scenes into freezing Finnish winter
- Not the end of the world: 9 ways Finland made 2016 rock
- Arctic #nofilter: 15 Instagram snapshots that show why Lapland’s the crown jewel of the North
- Photos of bombed, WWII Helsinki mashed up with prosperous modernity
- 12 ways Finnish Christmas loneliness can eat you alive
- Vintage Mercedes rides: Finnish man hacks taxi regulation, grows non-licensed, legal “Vintage Taxi” company
- This video shows why Saara Aalto’s “results face” has made The X Factor so memorable